There are GREAT life planning resources on the website and I am noooo expert at this, but since I'm spending lots of time pre-planning and planning for the sake of my sanity, I might as well share it with some of you ladies. If it's helpful, please feel free to use it, edit it, completely change it.
In conjunction, there is a certain passage of scripture that I'm praying to be true in my life this year. You can find it in Isaiah 32:15-18. Overall, I'm praying that the Lord would grow righteousness in me so that I could be a place of peace, quietness, and trust for my family. So, if you see those key words quite a lot, that's why!
So, my plan of attack is to address these things, pray through them, plan, consult with the husband and then implement with TONS of grace. I don't want having a plan to make me crazy if I can't accomplish it and above all things, I want to listen to the Lord - so yeah -
that is the plan for the plan of the plan.
And, yes, I know how crazy that sounds.
Without any further nuttiness....
(2010 planning session)
Major areas to address:
1. personal growth
- determine plan for personal Bible reading
- determine who are the people speaking into me/mentoring
- personal health goals
- outline ways to continue pursuit of being a righteous wife
- determine how to be a place of peace in our marriage
- pray through ways to practice quietness in our marriage
- evaluate how to continue growing into a trustworthy wife
- what are big prayers for each of the kids this year?
- what are my "learning" goals for them (semi-educational)
- plan monthly overview of themes for January - December what I'd like to be teaching them.
(example: doing a fruit of the spirit Febuary-October, thankfulness for November, advent in December)
- health goals for kids (example: E's first dentist appointment, vaccination plans)
- Short term, who are the people I'd like to be serving and how?
- Long term, who are the people I'd like to be serving and how?
- How can I be serving with the kids?
- How can I spur Nick on in his servce for others?
- Who are the women that God has placed in my life for my righteousness?
How am I cultivating those relationships.
- Are my friendships promoting peace?
How can I help my friends lives to be more peaceful?
- What are some steps to take towards being a more trustworthy friend?
Ok friends, I hope that is slightly helpful for someone! If not - I now have a handy place to find it if I lose my notebook. Getting super excited about 2010.
How about you?