So, without further ado, here is my grown-up summer wishlist.
1. He wants to make sure he eats lots of ice cream and goldfish,
I'd like to lose the last of the baby weight from his pregnancy three years ago.
2. He wants to go see family on the opposite coast,
I would like to survive the cross-country flight with a
one year old, two year old, and three year old.
3. My son would like to go to school this summer,
which clues me in to the fact that he's not really aware of the whole concept of "summer" just yet. I would like to freeze time and gaurantee that he never goes
to school and stays my three year old who likes to sit beside me and goof off all day.
4. He would like to watch Cars, the movie.
I would like to not have the whole movie memorized.
Turn right to go left! Guess what? I tried it, and you know what?
This crazy thing happened - I went right!
5. While "cooking ice cream" is on his list,
eating without my dairy allergy flaring up is seriously on mine.
6. He wants to have a picnic, I want to get over my fear of bugs.
7. "Get a new toothbrush" is on his list, "remember to brush Elias' teeth" is on mine.
8. Going to the beach is one of his plans,
and I hope to wear my first bathing suit since birthing him.
9. He would like to go on an "eating date" with Daddy and
I am definitely stealing that one.
10. He wants to play ball and
I want to get some quality time in playing my Twilight board game.
That's right I said it. I already own it.
So Mamas, what is on YOUR grown up summer list?